Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another of my "I want to try recipes". This is from Taste of Home Magazine.
Make and share this Baked Brie With Roasted Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bulb of garlic, left whole
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1 t. dried rosemary, crushed)
- 1 round sourdough loaf, loaf (1 lb.)
- 1 (8 ounce) brie round or 1 (8 ounce) camembert cheese
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
- red grapes, and
- green grape
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb. Brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the top forth off the loaf of sourdough bread, carefully hollow out enough of the bottom of the bread so cheese will fit. Cube removed bread; set aside. Place cheese in bread.
- Cool garlic for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375. Squeeze softened garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork. Spread over cheese. Replace bread top; brush outside of bread with remaining olive oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette, grapes and reserved bread cubes.
- Prep and cooking time does not reflect cooling time.