Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another of my "I want to try recipes". This is from Taste of Home Magazine.
- 1 bulb of garlic, left whole
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1 t. dried rosemary, crushed)
- 1 round sourdough loaf, loaf (1 lb.)
- 1 (8 ounce) brie round or 1 (8 ounce) camembert cheese
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
- red grapes, and
- green grape
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb. Brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the top forth off the loaf of sourdough bread, carefully hollow out enough of the bottom of the bread so cheese will fit. Cube removed bread; set aside. Place cheese in bread.
- Cool garlic for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375. Squeeze softened garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork. Spread over cheese. Replace bread top; brush outside of bread with remaining olive oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette, grapes and reserved bread cubes.
- Prep and cooking time does not reflect cooling time.