Recipe by Stacky5
This wonderful, light puff pastry is filled with melted Brie cheese. Serve with crackers on the side. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com. Posted for Zaar World Tour II for French cuisine.
Top Review by ELKA810
Have been making this for years. I brush the layers of filo dough with melted butter. I have even made these bite size for hors d'ouerves. I some times serve it as an apitizer. They go well with a glass of Pinot Grigio. It's a 5 star for me!
- 0.5 (17 1/2 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel brie cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie. Lay the puff pastry in the pie pan. Place half of the Brie (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top. Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.