This went over really well with guests. I noticed when I took it to the potluck (several hours after making it) that it tasted better then when I served it right after preparing it. This makes me think that it is a great recipe to prepare night before. Also easily converted to vegetarian.... just leave out bacon. From: Siety Koopal at Arbour Breeze Bed & Breakfast, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mince (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 large flour tortillas
- sour cream, and
- 1Cook bacon until crisp, remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2Reserve 1 Tbsp of dripping, Sauté mushrooms, onion, green pepper and garlic until tender; set aside and keep warm.
- 3In a bowl beat eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheese and salsa.
- 4In a frying pan, melt butter; add egg mixture, cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until eggs are set. Remove from heat.
- 5Crumble bacon, add to eggs with mushroom mixture.
- 6Spoon down center of tortillas and roll up.
- 7Place seam side down in a baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9Bake at 350 F for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 10Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.9
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 460.0 mg
- Sodium 1330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 28.4 g