All-In Baked Burritos
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (8 oz)
- 12 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches)
- Brown ground beef and onion; add taco seasoning mix and water; cook as directed on package.
- In a bowl, combine the beans, salsa, rice and 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla.
- Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll-up.
- Arrange burritos in a greased 13X9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Join The Conversation
Fantastic! I really wanted to make something other than tacos and this was just perfect. I used extra lean ground beef, brown rice and 12 grain tortillas to make them a little healthier. I mixed jalapeno cheese with cheddar cheese for some extra kick and it was great! Served this with shredded spinach and tomatoes as well as refried beans on the side. When the burritos were almost done in the oven I broiled them for a couple of minutes just to crisp the tops a little bit. I had to take a picture because it looked like something I would get from the Mexican restaurant down the street... I will be sure to post it ASAP! Thanks for the recipe :)
I thought this was just great. I omitted the onions (I don't like them) and the rice, and they were still so yummy. DH wasn't blown away, but I thought they made a wonderful, quick, weeknight meal. I am going to make the recipe again, as DH was playing video games on my computer and I didn't realize I was supposed to cover them while they were baking! So, they were a little crisp. But still good. But if they turn out better next time, you can bet I will return to upgrade my stars! Thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>