Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe I got from my mom. I have a freezer full of fresh summer blueberries so I can make this all year long. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Hometown Favorites. Refrigerates overnight.
- Place bread in a jelly roll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, half-and-half, and vanilla; mix together.
- Pour mixture over the bread, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cornstarch; stir to mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Place chilled bread mixture on top of the blueberry mixture.
- Drizzle butter over the bread.
- Bake in a 450° oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.