Another recipe I got from my mom. I have a freezer full of fresh summer blueberries so I can make this all year long. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Hometown Favorites. Refrigerates overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bread in a jelly roll pan.
- 2In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, half-and-half, and vanilla; mix together.
- 3Pour mixture over the bread, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- 4In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cornstarch; stir to mix.
- 5Fold in the blueberries.
- 6Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- 7Place chilled bread mixture on top of the blueberry mixture.
- 8Drizzle butter over the bread.
- 9Bake in a 450° oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Blueberry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.7
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 318.5 mg
- Sodium 592.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 19.2 g