Love balsamic vinegar, hope you enjoy this chicken. Note; I have found that it's better with boneless, skinless chicken breast or boneless, skinless thighs. Baking time may be less due to size.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken bone side down in a 9-by-13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- pour the vinegar over them and sprinkle evenly with the oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken 20 minutes and baste with the vinegar juices.
- Bake 20 minutes more (depending the size of breast) or until juices run clear.
- Serve chicken with juices spooned over them.
This was very easy and everyone loved it so it's definitely a keeper. I used boneless, skinless breasts and reduced the oven temp to 325 as another reviewer suggested. I mixed the vinegar and oil together and poured over the chicken, which I seasoned with s&p and an Italian herb mix. Cooking time was about 40 minutes.
Oh my goodness this dish was fabulous. I made this for the DH last night and he is still talking this morning about how "the flavor really got into the meat".
I used chicken thighs and did as some suggested by adding half of a red onion and whole garlic cloves (about 4) to the bottom of the baking dish before adding the chicken. The onion took on an amazing sweet & sour flavor that really complemented the chicken. Next time i'll add more onions and garlic.
I made mine in a metal baking dish so i could stick it under the broiler for a few minutes after the chicken was complete to crisp up the skin. Thank you Barb for a great dish!!
Finally getting around to posting how great this recipe is!! I love balsamic vinegar.. I've used it a glaze for filet mignon.. but never with chicken.. this is a wonderful recipe. Made it a few times now and turns out perfect each time.. the vinegar actually sweetens (if that makes sense). and the smell while baking.. just imagine perfection in your oven.. I will make this again and again..