Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but even my husband will eat it. That says a lot since he's not a fan of anything green except lettuce.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce and vinegar.
- Pour over baked asparagus and toss gently before serving.
I loved the flavor of the asparagus. Such an easy and delightful idea to prepare asparagus. Will definitely be making this dish again. YUM....
We absolutly love fixing asparagus this way! The baking keeps it crisp, not soggy and mushy the way boiling does! I did try it with Hoisen sauce intsead of the soy sauce, and that was great too! (the hoisen sauce is thicker, and it clings a little more to the asparagus this way as well!)
This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy asparagus. Sometimes I add minced garlic because I try to put garlic in everything!