Recipe by Valerie in Florida
Easy side dish to any meal
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
I made this to go with # 9239 Greek Chicken. This is a quick side dish and was great with the chicken. I only made half a recipe for the two of us and it was all gone. Loved the anchovy in the topping, a great addition.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, 6 to 8 count, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, plus a drizzle to coat baking dish
- 1⁄4 ripe lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 flat anchovy fillets
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs, 3 handfuls
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Turn drained artichokes upside down to get all the liquid out. Halve artichoke hearts, lengthwise. Drizzle a small casserole dish with a little extra-virgin olive oil, and spread it around the dish with a pastry brush. Arrange the halved artichoke hearts with tops up, bottoms down, in a layered pattern in the dish. Squeeze the juice of 1/4 lemon over the hearts.
- Preheat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter to the skillet. When butter melts into oil, add garlic and anchovies. Using the back of a wooden spoon, work anchovies into oil as they break up. When anchovies have dissolved into oil, add bread crumbs to the pan and lightly toast, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley, cheese and black pepper, stir to combine and remove pan from heat. Top artichokes with an even layer of bread topping and set in the middle of oven. Bake 10 minutes until artichokes are warm and topping is deep golden brown in color.