Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This started out as my mothers three bean recipe. However, my husband and I don't like all those beans, so I adapted it into a baked bean recipe. The flavors are so good together, that you will never want beans another way. Their is a lot of leeway with the recipe. You really need to find what works for you.
- Brown hamburger and then drain.
- Cook bacon and crumble (I use precooked bacon because I hate cooking bacon).
- Put baked beans in crockpot (drain for thicker beans, I usually drain one can and not the other).
- Chop up green pepper and add to crock pot.
- Add brown sugar (amount can vary according to taste preference).
- Add bacon and hamburger to crock pot and stir.
- Cook on low for four-six hours.
- Note: if you use high fat hamburger the beans will be runnier. I recommend using lower fat.