Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a favorite at the Almond Resorts, Barbados.
- 1 lb ripe banana, mashed
- 3 ounces rolled oats
- 2 ounces mixed nuts, chopped
- 5 ounces very fine cornmeal
- 4 ounces cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond essence
- 4 ounces raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 8-inch loaf pan. Combine all ingredients in large bowl until soft and moist. Spoon into greased loaf pan and bake 30 minutes or until knife comes clean when inserted.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
fantastic did this for zwt9 ...loved it used almond extract because i did not know what almond essence was served with ice cream.....new fav
I have made this today and was not quite sure what to expect but I did get a very nice result. I thought given the ingredients this might have been quite dry but the bananas do add moisture. I sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar to add a touch of sweetness and to pretty it up a little for the photo. I love the grainy texture but will add more almond essence next time as I love it. I will wait and see if it gets drier over the next couple of days but I can always heat it up a bit in microwave and serve with cream or yogurt to offset that if it occurs.