Recipe by Barb G.
A south of the border blend of textures and flavors. serve hot as a main dish or a side dish with grilled meat or chicken.
Top Review by Pippy
I am going to be making this all summer! I had it with some grilled chicken, and the next morning with scrambled eggs and some aged cheddar. It would also be great over a salad. The only change I made was to use canned tomatoes, and only because the ones at the store didn't look so nice. Thanks - very refreshing!
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- To serve, Place a scoop of hot rice in a bowl or on a plate, top with a generous scoop of the black bean mixture.
- Stir together before eating.