Recipe by Elizabeth Friedman
When I was young I use to help my mother out in the kitchen, mostly on holidays when we were preparing a big feast for the family. I do remember that we often made these scrumptious treats for family, but I do not have any recollection of where this recipe came from. I hope you enjoy these simple treasures as much as my family does.
Top Review by Elecia
We always made this in my family as well. People are always aprehensive at first, but once they pop these delicious morsels i their mouth they fall in love!! I have a slight variation. I spread the cream cheese on the bread , roll it up and then wrap the bacon around. I also find it works best with slightly stale bread (doesn't tear as much when spreading the cream cheese) ENJOY!!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- With a knife "neatly" cut off the crust from each piece of bread.
- Carefully spread cream cheese on each slice of bread.
- Cut bread into 3 long slices.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half.
- Roll up the bread making sure that the cream cheese is on the inside.
- Wrap the bacon directly around the bread.
- Take a toothpick and put it directly into the center so that it holds it together.
- Do this with all remaining ingredients.
- Line a cooking sheet with tin foil and place the bacon wraps directly on it.
- Cook for 20-30 min or until bacon is crispy.
- Once cooked remove and let cool.
- Remind your guests that there are toothpicks present.