Recipe by MissCeleste
A venison tenderloin recipe that my "no game meats" fiance will eat (and like)!
Top Review by BrookeRush
Soooooo delicious. I cooked it for my roommate and boyfriend and they both absolutely loved it! My roommate, who doesnt usually like mushrooms, even loved it! I highly recommend this recipe to all. Enjoy!
- 1 venison tenderloin
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ½ T olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Rub seasonings onto the tenderloin.
- Wrap the tenderloin in bacon and place into the roaster.
- Add the remaining oil to a frying pan and cook the onions and mushrooms until they’re tender.
- Put onions and mushrooms into the roaster with the tenderloin and add the water.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.