Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this bread tonight - from The Taste of Home Cookbook. Delicious and easy!
Make and share this Bacon Swiss Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf French bread (20 inches)
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 5 slices processed swiss cheese (I used regular Swiss cheese, not processed)
- 5 slices bacon (I used half a pound of bacon)
- Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices, leaving slices attached at bottom.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, onions, and mustard; spread on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Cut each cheese slice diagonally into four triangles; place between the slices of bread.
- Cut bacon in half widthwise and then lengthwise; drape a piece over each slice.
- Place the loaf on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
A friend originally shared this recipe, and it's become a "famous" requested item for our family gatherings. LOVE IT!!
My entire family LOVES this. Thanks for posting it!
Oh wow , I had forgotten about this recipe! I used to make it a LOT when I got that issue of TOH. It is sooo good! I'm very glad the random button took me to this recipe!! :) It's a cinch to prepare and oh so good!! Thanks for posting this!