Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If cooking on the grill this is great served with grilled potatoes and a tossed salad for a simple summer supper that doesn't heat up the kitchen! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1982)
- Preheat broiler or prepare barbecue.
- Season steak with garlic salt and pepper.
- Score steak diagonally twice, reversing direction creating "x"s or crisscross pattern.
- Place bacon lengthwise over steak and sprinkle with parsley.
- Roll steak lengthwise, securing with toothpicks at 1-inch intervals.
- Broil or grill, turning frequently until browned on all sides and cooked to degree of doneness desired (20 minutes for med rare).
- While steak is grilling/broiling, cook mushroom and onion slices in bacon grease in same skillet for 15-20 minutes or until browned to desired doneness.
- When steak is done remove toothpicks and cut meat into 8 1-inch rounds and top with mushroom and onion slices.
This was delicious! Thanks!
This was a great grilled dinner. The steak I got was just a little over a pound, so when I rolled it it just fit around the bacon. I was thinking that it would take a little less cooking time, but it ended up being about the 20 minutes ellie suggested. It may have even needed to go a little longer, but rare steak has never scared me! The flavor was great and this is something I would definately make again and would do for company. The presentation is great too!