Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fabulous combo of creamed spinach and bacon smashed potatoes.
- 3 lbs idaho potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Dice potatoes, place in pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, add salt to water.
- Cook until tender (10-15 min.).
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add bacon and brown (7-8 minutes).
- Add onions, cook until soft (5 more minutes).
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Add bacon and onions, and defrosted/drained spinach; mash to combine.
- Add cream and EVOO; mash until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
I have made these several times, and they are delicious. I usually leave out the onion (just personal preference), and I have also substitute milk for cream. Delicious!