Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Using 1/2 teaspoon butter for each cup, grease the bottom and sides of six cups of a popover or muffin pan.
- Mix eggs, milk, and oil or bacon drippings.
- Add flour and bacon and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Fill the prepared cups half full.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until very firm.
- Remove popovers from oven and prick with a fork.
- Serve hot.
Went well with corn and gravy.