scallions, trimmed & chopped (I subbed with minced sweet onions)
Serving Size: 1 (77) g
Servings Per Recipe:
AMT. PER SERVING% DAILY VALUE
Calories from Fat 70 g45 %
Total Fat 7.8 g11 %
Saturated Fat 4 g19 %
Cholesterol 64.6 mg
Sodium 169.1 mg
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2 %
Sugars 0.2 g0 %
Protein 7.3 g
1. Coat 8 cups of a popover/muffin pan with non-stick spray. Be sure to fill empty cups with water to avoid burning pan. Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
2. Whisk flour and salt together in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add to the flour mixture and stir until blended. Fold in cheese, bacon and scallion.
3. Fill popover/muffin cups 3/4 full (approx. 1/3 cup batter in each). Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned and puffed. ***Keep oven closed until the end of baking time or else the popovers will deflate.***.
4. Remove popovers from the oven. Immediately remove popovers from pan to cool. Pierce sides once with a knife to release steam.
5. Serve warm. (Re-heat at 350° for 5 minutes to crisp the outside edges, if needed.).