Recipe by Acerast
I found this in one of those supermarket checkout lane cookbooks when I was a newlywed. DH still asks for it many years later.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, cut into 2 x 1/4 inch strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and bacon. (It will be thick).
- Refrigerate dressing for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, swiss cheese and red onion.
- Just before serving, add dressing; toss until well coated.
- Serve immediately.