Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Everyday with Rachael Ray." The original recipe called for making your own baked potato chips, but I didn't think I would ever go through the trouble. I would serve it with yummy thick Kettle chips or pita chips.
- 3 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 439.41 g can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Cook bacon in med saucepan over med heat, stirring, until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to small bowl and set aside. Discard bacon fat. Add 2 T olive oil, the carrot, onion, and garlic to saucepan and cook over med heat, stirring til tender, 6-8 minute Add beans, cover and cook over med-low for 5 minute Let cool.
- Using food processor, puree bean mixture, yogurt and 2-3 T water til nearly smooth. Add reserved bacon and pulse to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
I'm not rating this recipe as I have not tried it. I just wanted to add the directions on the potato chips for future use. Preheat the oven to 450. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and fill a large bowl with cold water. Using a mandoline or food processor fitted with a slicing disk, thinly slice the potatoes and place in the water. Change the water twice; drain. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on paper towels and pat dry. In a large bowl, toss the potato slices with 1/4 cup olive oil to coat. Arrange half the slices in an even layer on the prepared baking sheets and season with salt. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to paper towels and let cool. Repeat with the remaining slices. Thanks for posting what sounds like a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)