Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tagged I'mPat's Creamy Tuna Stuffed Spuds (Potatoes) and there was no recipe there for this very tasty, easy to make, sauce so here it is. You could mix it up with the cheese. I used 1/2 Swiss cheese and 1/2 Parmesan cheese. You can use this on noodles, potatoes or rice.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces cheese, Cheddar, Swiss, Parmesan, your choice 4ozs if using cheddar or 2 ounces other milder cheese
- Fry bacon.
- Remove bacon from pan; add butter.
- Add flour; purists say don't brown flour but I do because I don't like a raw flour taste, and I cook on high (sigh).
- Add milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add cheese. crumble up bacon and add here.
Great sauce!!! I decided to use cheddar for the cheese and made this a bacon penne and cheese lunch. I made 1/2 of the sauce but still used the full amount of bacon and I did at least double the amount of cheese in order to get enough flavor from it. It didn't say what or when to use the bacon so I just added it right before serving so the bacon still had some crunch. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
Very simple and very good!! I made this to go with penne for a decadent mac 'n'cheese, I used Parmesan for the cheese, and I must say, with the bacon and parmesan, no extra salt is required. Delicious, thanks for sharing, Dienia, definitely a make-again :)
Made for ZWT 8
Very nice flavorful sauce! I used cheddar cheese. It made a generous amount of sauce too. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8