Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember exactly where I got this recipe, but I found it when I was looking for a way to use up leftover bacon. This is a great fall or winter dish. Serve with some Parmesan cheese toasts. It is even better the 2nd day!
- Combine onion, celery carrot, bacon and garlic in a large pan. Stir over medium heat on med-high for two minutes.
- Reduce heat to med-low and cover. Continue to cook until the veggies are tender; about 7 minutes.
- Uncover and add broth, lentils, thyme and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the lentils are tender, stirring occasionally; about 30-45 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and serve.