Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Put here for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 4 slices bacon, rendered and small diced
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 475°F Sift the self-rising flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the 4 tablespoons cold butter into the flour until the pieces are pea size.
- Add the bacon, cheddar and green onions to the flour mixture. Pour the heavy cream into the flour mixture and, with your hands or a silicone spatula, stir just until the cream and flour come together to form a dough.
- Use 2 tablespoons of the melted butter to brush the inside of the Cast-Iron Biscuit Pan (Emeril has his own line, but I think any biscuit pan would work). Carefully spoon mixture into each well being sure to divide the mixture evenly between all wells. This will ensure even baking. Gently smooth each top with the back of a spoon or spatula. Brush the tops with the remaining tablespoon of melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for 10 or 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool briefly before running a thin, sharp, small blade around the edge of the biscuit pan and inverting the pan to release the biscuits.
I made these on a whim. super doable and delicious. I was lazy and used a package of real bacon bits.These turned out perfect. Yum!Thanks for sharing 2Bleu!
This is a delicious biscuit! I made these for breakfast today. DH loves biscuits, and really thought these were winners! I think these would be great for sandwiches too. Maybe chicken salad? I did cut back a bit on the salt, due to the salt in the bacon and the self-rising flour. Still delicious! Thank you 2Bleu, this is a wonderful recipe I will be making again. Made for PRMR Tag