Savory Spinach and Artichoke Stuffing - Emeril Lagasse
photo by stoney161
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs spinach, washed (3 cups cooked and roughly chopped)
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon emeril's italian spice essence or 1 tablespoon other italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons emeril's italian spice essence or 2 teaspoons other italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 (8 1/2 ounce) cans quartered artichoke hearts, any tough outer leaves removed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 -14 cups cubed stale French bread (1-inch, 1 loaf)
- 1 lb brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water. Once cool, squeeze as much water from spinach as possible, then roughly chop, and reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, 2 teaspoons of Italian Essence, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the artichokes and cook, stirring, another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Combine the eggs, cream, chicken stock, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon Italian Essence, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the bread, spinach, artichoke mixture, brie, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and parsley and stir to combine. If bread does not absorb all of liquid immediately then let rest until this happens, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over the top and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake until firm in the center and golden brown, about 1 hour. Serve warm.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!