I really liked this recipe. I thought it had a great BBQ taste. I used Kraft Honey Hickory BBQ sauce. I also used Baco's in place of the bacon. I got it from Tops courtesy of Hamburger Helper.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in hot water, milk, uncooked pasta, sauce mix and barbecue sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 13-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Remove from heat and uncover (sauce will thicken as it stands).
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Sprinkle with additional chopped onion if desired.
- Test Kitchen Tip: No time to cook bacon use 3 tablespoons betty crocker baco's bacon flavor bits or chips instead of real bacon.