Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a last minute creation I made when trying to use up some hamburger that was about to overstay its welcome in my fridge. This is a great comfort food!
- 6 slice center-cut bacon
- 118.29 ml green pepper (chopped)
- 118.29 ml onion (chopped)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml ground mustard
- 5 medium potatoes
- 304.75 g canof condensed broccoli cheese soup (I used low sodium or fat)
- 304.75 g milk
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 78.07 ml low-fat sour cream
- 473.18 ml cheddar french-fried onions
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. (When cool crumble and set aside.).
- While bacon is cooking chop and peel (if desired) potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender, but not overdone.
- Drain grease from bacon skillet and add onion, green pepper, garlic,ground mustard, and Worcestershire, ground beef and salt/pepper to taste.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink.
- In a medium bowl combine soup, milk, cheese, and sour cream.
- In a large bowl combine drained potatoes, crumbled bacon, drained hamburger, and soup mixture. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Grease a 9 by 13 glass pan with non stick spray. Add potato and hamburger mixture. Top with french fried onions.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.