Bacon Cheeseburger Potato Pie
photo by VickyJ
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (I use garlic powder though, and extra of it)
- 3⁄4 cup milk (skim is fine)
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (or you can use white onion)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, ketchup, mustard and salt and mix well.
- Press hamburger mixture in bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie pan to cover completely.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While meat mixture is baking, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel, cool, and crumble.
- Discard bacon drippings or save for another recipe.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine water, margarine and garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add milk.
- With a fork, stir in potato flakes.
- Then stir in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Remove partially baked"crust" from oven, pour off any fat.
- Spoon potato mixture into crust evenly.
- Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked, and potatoes are heated through.
- Remove pie from oven.
- Top with tomato, remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Return to oven, and bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, top with green onions.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi! We had this delicious pie last night for dinner. I followed the recipe exactly, except I used diced, canned tomatoes. I wish I would have had fresh. It turned out fantastic! Instead of garlic salt, I also had to use garlic powder. This will be made again, believe me! Thank you for a great recipe! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in TN with a husband, 9 year old, 6 year old, and our two dogs. I'm a busy mom who loves to cook for family and friends. We have two boys, and they are the light of my life! My husband is a restaurant manager. We actually met while working together at Bob Evans in another city. He was one cute grill cook!! Now he is one cute manager, and I am so proud of him! He currently works for El Chico, and he is very happy there. <br />I am a stay at home mom who sometimes does temp work, which is a big change from corporate America. We'll see how that goes. Now that I have some more time, I plan to get back to the kind of cooking I used to do. You know...with pots and pans instead of a take out menu. I love to crochet, garden and hike with the family. Thanks in advance for any reviews you do of my recipes. :)</p>