Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This breakfast "omlet" couldn't be easier! From an April 1986 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Too Busy to Cook?" section.Vary it by substituting other cheeses for the Swiss, adding ham,partially sauted onions, bell peppers, chopped seeded tomatoes,your favorite herb mixture etc.
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 7 bacon, slices
- 8 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter 9-inch round baking dish, such as a cake pan.
- Arrange cheese slices in bottom.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over low heat until done but still flexible; drain well on paper towels.
- Chop 4 pieces; halve remaining 3 slices crosswise and curl each into a spiral.
- Whisk eggs and milk;season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chopped bacon and pour over cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Arrange bacon curls around edge and bake 5 additional minutes.
- Garnish with parsley in center, cool 5 minutes, cut into 6 wedges and serve immediately.