Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a tasty little number that doesn't require any special ingredients. You'll feel like you're out for breakfast while cooking at home. I substituted sausage in place of bacon because it's what I had. Recipe from Taste of Home Quick Cooking July/August 1999, courtesy of Diana Bullock who likes to prepare this for overnight guests. She keeps cooked bacon in the freezer to cut down on preparation time.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 11x7x2" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
I reduced this for four serving and DH ate two servings it was so good. I did add asparagus to it also and cooked perfectly in 25 min. Served with Hot Cross buns. YUM.
Great frittata! It was quick to mix up and get in the oven and cooked perfectly in 25 minutes. Loved the addition of the green onions, gave it a fresh taste. Will be making this again! Made for All You Can Cook Buffet.
Hi! Your frittata was wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Although I did add a little green pepper and a bit of garlic.