- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pot, melt butter and cook onions gently.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, and pepper. Cover and cook gently 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree half of the potato mixture at a time in a blender or food processor.
- Return to the pot and add milk and half and half. Reheat.
- Serve in bowls with crumbled bacon on top of soup.