Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an older issue of Taste of Home magazine. You might add a Caesar salad, some toasted garlic french bread and a glass of chardonnay!
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb pasta, of your choice cooked and drained
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon and set aside, reserving the drippings.
- Saute onions and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes.
- Add peppers, cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and heat through.
- Add bacon and mix well.
- Serve over pasta.
- Cooking time does not reflect time to cook pasta.
Was excellant, added diced chicken for something extra
Excellant and easy to make. Added extra jalapeno for extra kick.