Recipe by Red Chef Mama
I love bacon, noodles and cheese, they are even better together! I came up with this because I wanted something different...it is a rich casserole so if you get heartburn easily...don't eat it! Lol. :)
- 15 slices bacon
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fry the bacon until it's crispy, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Cook egg noodles as directed on package, drain and toss with the 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a 2 quart casserole layer as follows: 1/4 of the noodles, 1/4 of the sour cream, 1/4 of the cheddar cheese, 1/4 of the bacon and 1/4 of the onion.
- Repeat these layers 3 more times.
- Bake the casserole in preheated oven, uncovered for 30 minutes.