Creamy Bacon Noodles
Stylish enough for a dinner party - easy enough for an anytime comfort food.
- Ready In:
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels then crumble.
- Pour off all but 2 tbls of the bacon fat, add mushrooms and cook over high heat until they begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add green onion and garlic, cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream, cream cheese, basil, thyme and bacon, reduce heat to low and stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Add tomatoe, season with salt and pepper, pour over hot noodles and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We thought this had an excellent flavor, but the sauce was almost too thick. I used the cream and then added another 1/2 cup of milk, and it was still thick like paste. Next time I think I will only use 4 oz of cream cheese. I also added a little more garlic (personal taste), and parmesan cheese on top.