Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I usually bake these in the oven for about 1 hour at 325 dregees, then top with cheddar cheese the last 15 minutes of baking, but that is only optional. They even taste better the next day, that is if you have any left LOL!
- 7 -8 slices bacon, cut into pieces (or to taste)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup mild molasses
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a heavy pot over medium heat until crisp (about 5 minutes) transfer to paper towels.
- Drain off some of the fat but not all of it.
- Add in onions, bell pepper and garlic; saute for about 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Add the bacon back into the pot with all the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30-35 minutes, or place in the oven to bake.
This is my new favorite bean recipe. My boys gave this two thumbs up. Easy to do....I baked mine in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350. Thanks for a great recipe! Made for 'Zaar Tag.