1/1 Photo of Bacon and Egg Rice
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring rice and water to a boil in a 3 quart heavy saucepan, then reduce, heat to low and cook, tightly covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Gently stir rice from top to bottom of saucepan with a heatproof rubber spatula.
- 2Cook bacon in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes. Pour into a sieve set over a heatproof bowl and reserve bacon and fat separately.
- 3Whisk together eggs, ½ t salt and ¼ t pepper in a medium bowl.
- 4Return 3 tablespoons fat to skillet and sauté onion over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until pale golden, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until eggs are just set, about 1 minute. Make a well in center of egg mixture, then pour in vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat.
- 5Add rice, remaining teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add bacon, scallions, and sesame oil and cook mixture, stirring, 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Egg Rice
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.5
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 193.2 mg
- Sodium 749.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g