Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Bacon and Egg Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a 3 quart heavy saucepan, then reduce, heat to low and cook, tightly covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Gently stir rice from top to bottom of saucepan with a heatproof rubber spatula.
- Cook bacon in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes. Pour into a sieve set over a heatproof bowl and reserve bacon and fat separately.
- Whisk together eggs, ½ t salt and ¼ t pepper in a medium bowl.
- Return 3 tablespoons fat to skillet and sauté onion over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until pale golden, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until eggs are just set, about 1 minute. Make a well in center of egg mixture, then pour in vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat.
- Add rice, remaining teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add bacon, scallions, and sesame oil and cook mixture, stirring, 1 minute. Serve immediately.
This is so easy and good!!! Not low fat, but so so yummy. Best of all, it didn't take very long :)
Loved this! I did scale the serving size back to serve 3. Worked out perfectly. :)