this is great for breakfast and very easy to prepare! less than 5 mins! I used to make this for the whole family when i made breakfast! preparation time does not include rice cooking time
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked rice (or as much as you want to have. must be already cooked)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pour a bit of olive oil onto pan, just enough so that the egg doesn't stick to the pan.
- crack an egg onto the pan, and wait for it to cook just a little bit. (make sure you break the yolk).
- just kind of scramble them and make sure there are little bits of egg. NOTE: this is not scrambled eggs.
- when the egg is cooked, move it into a bowl. add rice to the bowl and sort of mix it just so that the egg and rice are no longer separated.
- add soy sauce and sesame oil. the sesame oil will help the egg and rice mix well. adding sesame seeds is optional, but it gives it a good taste.
- make sure the soy sauce is well mixed in with the rice.
- enjoy! :).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I did double this recipe for the 2 of us & then cut the amount of soy sauce down to just 4 teaspoons instead of what would have been 6! Also used toasted sesame seeds, & that gave it a very nice flavor! Well worth making, I thought! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]Reply
see 1 more