Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Wholesome, nutritious, low fat snack you'll need for your next wilderness trip. Either just for a day trip or like us 7+ days into the wilderness... this is easy-to-make snack food that provides us with the energy that we need to gets us through tough portage and long canoeing days or those long hiking trips.
- 1 -5 lb beef, strips
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon club house la grille montreal steak spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄3 cup frank's redhot xtra hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients into a large Ziploc bag, shake well to mix dry spices into liquids.
- Add beef strips (this recipe will easily marinate up to 5 lbs of beef strips). Refrigerate for a minimum of 2hrs but best if left for up to 12hrs.
- Pat dry with cloth or paper towel and place into dehydrator for roughly 8-12hrs.
I made this for my husband and he LOVED it! I did tweek it a little bit. I out a little bit more black pepper in it and some jalapeno seeds to make it more spicy! He love spicy stuff! So THANK YOU Road Runner for a GREAT recipe! Great for first timers!
I made this with my smoker. Small amount of apple chips soaked for minimal additional flavoring but adding some. I marinated it for 12 hours. I also used a teaspoon of Chipotle rub and did not use the hot sauce. I used flank steak cut into 1/4" - 3/8" strips with the grain. I smoked it at 125 for 6 hours and I have to say it was phenomenal. Everyone who tried it at the New Years Eve Party LOVED it and once they starting eating it could not stop. The way I made it it had a good "zing" to it... probably from marinating so long but was not "too spicy" for the tenderer pallets. All in all I highly recommend it, and will try adding some sweet to it next time and possibly post a New Recipe if it in fact comes out well.
This was my first attempt at making jerky and this recipe is so good. I left out the hot sauce because I wanted a not too spicy jerky. I took some over to my BIL and he said this is so good and flavorful and wants the recipe. I am making another batch tonight with the hot sauce. By the way I used 3 1/2 lbs of bottom round and marinated in the fridge for 24 hrs. Thanks Road Runner for a great recipe!!!