Recipe by Road Runner
Wholesome, nutritious, low fat snack you'll need for your next wilderness trip. Either just for a day trip or like us 7+ days into the wilderness... this is easy-to-make snack food that provides us with the energy that we need to gets us through tough portage and long canoeing days or those long hiking trips.
Top Review by tkoer7777
I made this for my husband and he LOVED it! I did tweek it a little bit. I out a little bit more black pepper in it and some jalapeno seeds to make it more spicy! He love spicy stuff! So THANK YOU Road Runner for a GREAT recipe! Great for first timers!
- 1 -5 lb beef, strips
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon club house la grille montreal steak spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄3 cup frank's redhot xtra hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients into a large Ziploc bag, shake well to mix dry spices into liquids.
- Add beef strips (this recipe will easily marinate up to 5 lbs of beef strips). Refrigerate for a minimum of 2hrs but best if left for up to 12hrs.
- Pat dry with cloth or paper towel and place into dehydrator for roughly 8-12hrs.