Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite stuffing. Homemade, with the help of using packaged stuffing boxes.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces seasoned stuffing mix (Mrs. Cubbison's)
- 6 ounces turkey stuffing mix (Stove Top)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- Brown sausage meat in skillet.
- Add onion, celery, thyme, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- In a larg bowl, combine stuffing mixes with melted butter and chicken broth.
- Add sausage mixture, diced apples, and water chestnuts.
- Loosely stuff turkey with dressing just before cooking (any leftover can be put into a casserole dish to bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting occasionaly with turkey juices.).