Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A beautiful, colorful and delicious salad!
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 oranges, peeled, membranes removed, segmented
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Toast sunflower seeds on a cookie sheet for 4 minutes.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, herbs, garlic, and shallot.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside. In a bowl, toss spinach with 2 tbsp vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with sunflower seeds and remaining ingredients and serve.
One of my favorite salad recipes. I originally found it in Self magazine, April 2005.
Definitely a make again. I didn't have the fresh parsley so omitted it, but I often omit parsley since it doesn't taste like anything (at least me - perhaps my taste buds only recognize the spicy food I eat almost every day. Leanne