Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a recipe to use up all that Special K cereal we have been so excited about here lately. Actually this is a really good recipe that I got from my SIL several years ago. It is fairly quick to put together. It just has to be done a little ahead of time so it will get a good chill in the refrigerator. Cook time is estimated and does not include chill time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 5 cups Special K cereal
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add crunchy peanut butter.
- Blend well.
- Add cereal, stirring to coat.
- Pour into buttered 9x13 inch dish.
- Melt chips and plain peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate until cool, then cut into squares.