I'm not a fan of meatloaf, but this recipe that I came up with is really good and flavorful. The cheese really makes it good. My family loves it, too.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, and ground veal mix can add ground pork too
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups homestyle herb seasoned stuffing mix (such as Stove Top)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (can use yellow)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Combine remaining meatloaf ingredients and mix thoroughly with clean hands.
- Shape into 4 equal-sized mini loaves and place into 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Spoon sauce evenly over the loaves.
- Bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this late last night thinking we'd have it for dinner the next night, but my husband and I both enjoyed "sample cuts" of it for a late-night snack! We all enjoyed it for lunch, including the kids (who are not normally too keen on meatloaf). The cheese seemed to make it extra moist and bound the loaf nice and tight for slicing. I did use low salt croutons (crushed) in place of the stuffing. Thanks, Parsley for another great recipe. Roxygirl