Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my attempt at duplicating a salad I had recently at a local restaurant. I was sitting there eating the salad and writing down all the things I could identify in it and here is the end result. I used Martha Stewarts' Dijon Vinaigrette as the dressing and it tasted just like the salad at the restaurant. A great salad to serve with grilled meat or fish.
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) box wild rice, cooked (I used Uncle Ben's Original with 23 herbs and spices)
- 3⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2⁄3 cup craisins or 2⁄3 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Make the vinaigrette first by whisking the mustard and vinegar together.
- Slowly add oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until all the oil is added and dressing is creamy and emulisified.
- Add the salt and pepper; season with additional salt& pepper if desired.
- Toss the orzo, rice, red bell pepper, red onion, toasted pine nuts, basil, craisins or currants with the Dijon vinaigrette and chill for a couple hours before serving.