Very simple and very tasty. Never any leftovers.
Make and share this B B Q Lemon Chicken - Family Favorite recipe from Food.com.
- Special Equipment: I use a mortar& pestle, however a heavy bowl and the end of a rolling pin does the trick too.
- Mix marinade ingredients using mortar and pestle and give a bit of a thump or 3 to bruise rosemary& lemon rind.
- Place chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag (removing any air pockets) massage and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat BBQ to Medium to Medium-High.
- BBQ chicken for approximately 25 minutes (or until done)- turning regularly.
- Squeeze a lemon half over chicken with each turn.
- Serve with salad.
Unfortunately the weather in our area didn't cooperate with me today, so I ended up cooking this in my grill pan on the stove-top and these turned out excellent. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs that were marinated for 8 hours in the refrigerator. After the chicken was cooked through, I sliced up 2 more lemons and placed them under the broiler for 5 minutes. It was so good that it will be in regular rotation in our house during the summer. Thanks so much Catherine! Made for Spring 2013 PAC!
I'll start by saying that I ate 3 big (from Costco) thighs and had to force myself not to have a fourth! I made the marinade after dinner last night and tucked the chicken into the fridge so it got the full 24 hrs. The flavor is delicious and compelling, it's a sultry siren that keeps beckoning you back for another bite and then another. I used Meyer lemon because I had them but I'm sure that regular lemons would be just as good. The BBQ was my choice cooking but it started raining and I ended putting them under the broiler. They still came out tender, very moist and amazingly delicious. We ordered a side of beef today but I think I'll give my portions to DH and just keep making this recipe!
This is a quick, easy way to cook chicken that is absolutely amazing. I followed the recipe exactly, and cooked this on my indoor grill, rotating every 5 minutes. The chicken was so flavorful and moist- there were no leftovers!