Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Very simple and very tasty. Never any leftovers.
- 8 chicken thighs (skin removed or cut of your choice)
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of, of
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large lemons (cut in halves)
- Special Equipment: I use a mortar& pestle, however a heavy bowl and the end of a rolling pin does the trick too.
- Mix marinade ingredients using mortar and pestle and give a bit of a thump or 3 to bruise rosemary& lemon rind.
- Place chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag (removing any air pockets) massage and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat BBQ to Medium to Medium-High.
- BBQ chicken for approximately 25 minutes (or until done)- turning regularly.
- Squeeze a lemon half over chicken with each turn.
- Serve with salad.
Unfortunately the weather in our area didn't cooperate with me today, so I ended up cooking this in my grill pan on the stove-top and these turned out excellent. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs that were marinated for 8 hours in the refrigerator. After the chicken was cooked through, I sliced up 2 more lemons and placed them under the broiler for 5 minutes. It was so good that it will be in regular rotation in our house during the summer. Thanks so much Catherine! Made for Spring 2013 PAC!
Have you ever kicked yourself for something that you've should've tried long ago? A show of hands, please.
I'll start by saying that I ate 3 big (from Costco) thighs and had to force myself not to have a fourth! I made the marinade after dinner last night and tucked the chicken into the fridge so it got the full 24 hrs. The flavor is delicious and compelling, it's a sultry siren that keeps beckoning you back for another bite and then another. I used Meyer lemon because I had them but I'm sure that regular lemons would be just as good. The BBQ was my choice cooking but it started raining and I ended putting them under the broiler. They still came out tender, very moist and amazingly delicious. We ordered a side of beef today but I think I'll give my portions to DH and just keep making this recipe!