Recipe by Sharon123
A yummy way to have leftover turkey!
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
This is a really great take on the turkey sandwich. I actually made a loaf of honey wheat bread, Recipe #90151 to serve it on and it was perfect. I am not a sprouts fan so I used baby lettuces and cranberry chutney.
- 2 cups left over cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons left over cranberry sauce (or chutney)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (or other sprouts)
- 4 -6 slices whole wheat bread (or rye, or pumpernickle)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, shred turkey meat. In a medium mixing bowl combine shredded turkey, mayonnaise, red onion, dill, and cranberry sauce. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- On two slices of bread, spread on turkey mixture. Add tomato slices and sprouts. Enjoy!