Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy way to have leftover turkey!
Make and share this Awesome Turkey Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups left over cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons left over cranberry sauce (or chutney)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (or other sprouts)
- 4 -6 slices whole wheat bread (or rye, or pumpernickle)
- In a food processor, shred turkey meat. In a medium mixing bowl combine shredded turkey, mayonnaise, red onion, dill, and cranberry sauce. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- On two slices of bread, spread on turkey mixture. Add tomato slices and sprouts. Enjoy!
This is a really great take on the turkey sandwich. I actually made a loaf of honey wheat bread, Bread Machine Buttermilk and Honey Wheat Bread to serve it on and it was perfect. I am not a sprouts fan so I used baby lettuces and cranberry chutney.
OMG awesome sandwich! It takes more like 30 minutes to put together versus the 5 minutes "warning" once you get out the food processor and gather and chop the ingredients. Still, made as directed and really love this sandwich! The best flavors for turkey sandwich that I've ever had! Thanks, Sharon123. Made for Best of 2011 tag game as recommended by weekend cooker.
Made for lunch today, enjoyed this quick sandwich. Made as posted though I used less sprouts than called for. Great combo of ingredients, and very tasty. Made for PRMR tag..