Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to by my friend, after trying it at her house.....a different and delicious way to serve sweet potatoes.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup tarragon vinegar or 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water, just until tender, about 20 mins (don't overcook, as they will get mushy); cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion and green pepper.
- Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 3 or more hours to blend flavours.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.
5 Stars, great to have a potato salad without mayonnaise! Served with Peppered Pork Loin #301537 and Zucchini and Red Pepper Salad (Greece) #307716 for a very colorful and delicious meal. Made 1/2 the recipe, fit nicely into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks for posting!