1/1 Photo of Awesome Marinated Sweet Potato Salad
This recipe was given to by my friend, after trying it at her house.....a different and delicious way to serve sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup tarragon vinegar or 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water, just until tender, about 20 mins (don't overcook, as they will get mushy); cool completely.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; set aside.
- 3Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion and green pepper.
- 5Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- 6Cover, and refrigerate for 3 or more hours to blend flavours.
- 7Discard bay leaves before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Marinated Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: