Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a very light salad. You can substitute cherry tomatoes for the chopped. If you like, you can add black olives.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and place in ice water until cool.
- Toss pasta with onion, feta, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and tomato.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
I absolutely loved this pasta salad Fluffy. Easy and delicious. I did use red wine vinegar instead of the balsamic because I was out. But I still think it was perfect. Thank you for a great recipe.
We had a little bit of summer for dinner last night - made burgers and this salad. I used red onion (all I had), grape tomatoes cut in half and my feta cheese crumbles had sun dried tomatoes in it. This was simple to make with few ingredients, but made for a delicious accompaniment to our dinner. I bet the leftovers will be even better for lunch today. Thanks, Fluffy!
this is a good basic recipe that is so easy to embellish. i added kalamata olives, cooked shrimp, red pepper strips, english cucumber, asparagus, and cut the amount of bow ties in half. i also added fresh basil and mint, sea salt, fresh pepper. lovely side dish to brunch.