Recipe by Stephanie in Texas
This is a great alternative to Spaghetti! It also freezes and is perfect for large gatherings. A vegetarian option is to omit the meat and use spinach instead.
Top Review by Southern Bug
I love fixing a meal like this early in the week so that my fiance and I have lunches to take to work for a couple days. This was very simple to make, and pretty inexpensive. I seasoned the beef with onion powder and cajun seasoning, and used about 4 cloves garlic instead of just 1. For the shredded cheese on top, I only used about 1 3/4 cups. Will make again, especially when feeding picky friends.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- optional: Mushrooms, tabasco sauce and Tony's cajun seasoning to spice it up.
- Sautee' butter, chopped garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper in a skillet.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Add Cream cheese, Sour Cream, and Onion.
- Mix well and layer in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Top noodles with the meat mixture and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes to cool before serving.