1/1 Photo of Avocado Fries With Chipotle Remoulade
From Pesce, Houston’s seafood-centric restaurant. The calories will knock you back on your diet, but so, so good. Having said that, double the recipe because you'd wish you had and the original recipe claims to serve 4...yeah, right!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo (I'd reduce this considerably and taste and test while adding more or it will blow your eyes out)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place chipotles with adobo sauce and lime juice in a blender and puree until smooth; set aside.
- 2Place mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Whisk in 1/3 of chipotle mixture at a time, tasting between each addition for spiciness (you may not want to use all of chipotle puree). Add cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over high heat until instant read thermometer reaches 350 degrees.
- 4While oil is heating up, place all-purpose flour, lime juice mixed with 2 cups water and panko breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes.
- 5Cut avocado in quarters lengthwise. Remove wedges from pit and peel off skin. Cut each quarter in half so you have 8 wedges total. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Dredge avocado wedges in flour, then dip into lime water, then dredge through breadcrumbs. Make sure each slice is completely coated.
- 7Once oil has reached 350 degrees, fry breaded slices for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove avocados from oil using a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 8Serve with lime wedges and chipotle remoulade.
Browse Our Top Avocado Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Fries With Chipotle Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 414.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo