Recipe by Felix4food
Some people find avocados a little scary, they can have 'black bits' that put people off and can be very stringy, but this recipe makes a dip to die for. It's simple, creamy and great party and snack food. Tip: to get the stone out of the avocado, slice fruit in half and with a very sharp knife, stab the stone quickly and briskly once..... lift knife...the stone should hopefully come out with the knife.
- 2 ripe avocados (or slightly over ripe)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lemon (or bottle of lemon juice)
- 1 red hot pepper (or use bottled hot chilly sauce)
- white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out all the avocado into bowl or directly into electric blenders bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise.
- Add the lemon juice until it's pretty much covering the avocado (i. e loads of lemon juice and bottled lemon can be better as it's even sharper), Add a LITTLE chilly pepper only (I prefer bottled hot pepper sauce like Tabasco), a pinch of salt, 2 pinches of pepper, and a few sprinklings of sugar to bring out the flavour.
- Blend together in an electric mixer until it's smooth as silk, keep in fridge so it's very cool, and eat with chunks of carrot, chips (crisps in UK) and or spread onto toast etc.