Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A chilled soup. Great for summer. Cook time is chilling time.
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar (start low)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- salt, if needed, to taste (I don't use any)
- In a blender or food processor, puree avocados and bananas.
- Add the milk, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and yogurt; blend until smooth.
- Add salt, if needed.
- Chill at least 3 hours prior to serving.
This is a total surprise. Before this I never would have put bananas and avocados together. Having an abundance of both in the yard, this was a great find.
WOW! This was REALLY YUMMY! I wasn't sure about it but chose to make it because my husband enjoys avocadoes with cream and sugar. I guess if you think about it, avocadoes are a fruit and they are rich and creamy. The bananas and spices and yogurt were a great combo. The lemon juice was a bit much and overpowered a little. I used 1 percent milk and Splenda in place of sugar. I think this would make a great smoothie too! Made for Halloween theme Photo tag game.